Lehigh Hanson is a part of HeidelbergCement, an early leader in sustainability through its participation in the World Business Council for Sustainable Development and its Cement Sustainability Initiative (CSI). We're dedicated to providing sustainable building materials that have a positive impact on society and the environment both during and after their service life.
We work hard to reflect this commitment in as many ways as we can:
• Promoting best practices in sustainable construction
• Continuously working to improve energy efficiency in the production and transportation of materials
• Ensuring durability, especially in projects where product failure could impact the environment
• Adopting impact rating systems to set new benchmarks
• Continually investing in new technologies
• Finding innovative ways to take recycling and product life cycles to new limits
We are proud to be members of the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) and the Canadian Green Building Council (CaGBC). As members, we also encourage our employees to actively participate in their local chapters of these organizations.