SAFETY & SUSTAINABILITY
Lehigh Hanson is committed to operating in a safe and environmentally responsible manner. We believe in taking a proactive approach to reducing workplace risks and hazards and we apply industry best practices for safety and health across all of our facilities and office locations in North America. Lehigh Hanson actively advocates for the use of resilient construction materials and supports sustainable construction practices.
At Lehigh Hanson, we are committed to delivering building materials which contribute to the welfare of our society today, tomorrow and beyond. A large part of that commitment involves promoting sustainable construction wherever and whenever possible.
Lehigh Hanson is a part of HeidelbergCement, an early leader in sustainability through its participation in the World Business Council for Sustainable Development and its Cement Sustainability Initiative (CSI). We're dedicated to providing sustainable building materials that have a positive impact on society and the environment both during and after their service life.
We work hard to reflect this commitment in as many ways as we can:
• Promoting best practices in sustainable construction
• Continuously working to improve energy efficiency in the production and transportation of materials
• Ensuring durability, especially in projects where product failure could impact the environment
• Adopting impact rating systems to set new benchmarks
• Continually investing in new technologies
• Finding innovative ways to take recycling and product life cycles to new limits
We are proud to be members of the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) and the Canadian Green Building Council (CaGBC). As members, we also encourage our employees to actively participate in their local chapters of these organizations.
STRATEGY & MANAGEMENT
We strive to make socially and ecologically responsible practices a part of everything we do. We believe that environmentally friendly practices are not an impediment to successful development. In fact, the two go hand in hand.
Our commitment to responsible development includes:
• Giving highest priority to health and safety
• Safeguarding biodiversity
• Promoting sustainable construction
• Using waste as a resource through innovative recycling
• Protecting the climate through control of emissions
• Seeking out new ways to reduce impact in every phase of operations