0-1/4" Plain Fir Bark
0 - 1/4 Plain Fir Bark is untreated bark fines derived from the bark of Fir or Pine Trees. The bark stripped from the trees is approximately 3/4” with some sawdust. 0-1/4" Plain Fir Bark, when incorporated into soil, improves soil structure, tilth, increases nutrient holding capacity of sandy soils, and improves water drainage. 0-1/4" Plain Fir Bark also has a slower decomposition rate than shavings derived from soft woods such as Fir or Pine. Soil microorganisms require nitrogen to break down woody material. To prevent a nitrogen depletion from the soil during the decomposition of the wood products, a nitrogen fertilizer should be applied.
- Amending native sandy soils
- Component of container mixes and soil-less potting mixes
- Amending soil, excavate hole twice the diameter of the root ball and amend excavated soil with 0-1/4" Plain Fir Bark and backfill with
mixture. To prepare soilfor turf, roto-till in 20%-30% by volume into the top 2” - 4” of existing soil.
- In soil-less potting mixes, some plants respond differently to the same ratio. Try small trial batches to determine what mix is best for your plants.
- Mulching, apply 2” - 4” of 0-1/4" Plain Fir Bark around planting area and keep several inches away from the trunks. Fine mulches tend to repel water. Using drip irrigation under the mulch can help provide sufficient water to the plants.
Sieve Analysis % Passing
- PH Range 4.5- 6.5
- Organic % by Weight 85%-95%
- Approximate Weight 700lbs-900lbs per Cyᶟ
Specification data subject to change. Additional data available upon request.
Limitation of Warranties: Seller makes no warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding the materials; and all warranties, including any implied warranty of merchantability and any implied warranty of fitness for a particular purpose, are hereby excluded.