Coir, also known as coconut dust or Coco “Peat” is a by-product from the harvesting of coconuts in Southeastern Asia. The long fibers from the husks are used
- Amending native sandy soils
- Component of container mixes and soil-less potting mixes
- Amending soil, excavate hole twice the diameter of the root ball and amend excavated soil with Coir and backfill with
mixture. To prepare soilfor turf roto-till in 20%-30% by volume into the top 4” - 6” of existing soil.
- In soil-less potting mixes, some plants respond differently to the same ratio. Try small trial batches to determine what mix is best for your plants.
- Mulching, apply 2” - 4” of Coir around planting area and keep several inches away from the trunks. Using drip irrigation under the mulch can help provide sufficient water to the plants.
Sieve Analysis % Passing
- PH Range 6.0-7.2
- Organic % by Weight 80%-90%
- Approximate Weight 500lbs-700lbs per Cyᶟ
Specification data subject to change. Additional data available upon request.
Limitation of Warranties: Seller makes no warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding the materials; and all warranties, including any implied warranty of merchantability and any implied warranty of fitness for a particular purpose, are hereby excluded.