3/16" Scoria (Black)
3/16” Scoria (Black) is a volcanic rock that gets its appearance from the simultaneous rapid cooling and depressurization process after being ejected out of a volcano. 3/16” Scoria contains small vesicles, which is what causes it to be so light in weight. These vesicles help to retain nutrients and moisture when used as a soil amendment. 3/16” Scoria will also help with drainage as it creates great pore space in soil. It also does not attract fungi, nematodes, or insects. 3/16” Scoria has also been used for many years now as a decorative top layer for bonsai trees and for decorative purposes for landscaping.
- Soil Amendment
- Component of container mixes and soil-less mixes
- Bonsai Trees
- Decorative Purposes for Landscaping
- Amending soil, mix 10% of 3/16” Scoria with soil to start out with. Percentages vary depending on the type of gardening project (plants, flowers, cactus, tree, etc.).
- In soil-less potting mixes, some plants respond differently to the same ratio. Try small trial batches to determine what mix is best for your plants.
- For further 3/16” Scoria ratio information on gardening, call your local nursery for assistance.
- Composition Volcanic Siliceous Rock
- Particle size <3/8”
Specification data subject to change. Additional data available upon request.
Limitation of Warranties: Seller makes no warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding the materials; and all warranties, including any implied warranty of merchantability and any implied warranty of fitness for a particular purpose, are hereby excluded.