Perlite is a naturally occurring siliceous rock when heated over 1500 degrees Fahrenheit, the tiny glassy minerals expand up to 20 times its original size due to trapped water inside trying to evaporate. Perlite has been a great soil amendment for many years. Perlite helps relieve compacted soil creating pore space to help aerate the soil and to help with drainage. Perlite stimulates root initiation and vigorous growth and also balances soil temperature. Perlite has a neutral pH and in addition it also does not attract fungi, nematodes, or insects. Gardeners have been using Perlite for years to improve the quality of garden soils.
- Soil Amendment
- Component of container mixes and soil-less mixes
- Amending soil, mix one part Perlite with one part soil. Percentages vary depending on the type of gardening project (plants, flowers, cactus, tree, etc.).
- In soil-less potting mixes, some plants respond differently to the same ratio. Try small trial batches to determine what mix is best for your plants.
- For further Perlite ratio information on gardening, call your local nursery for assistance
- Composition Volcanic Siliceous Rock
- Particle size <3/8”
Specification data subject to change. Additional data available upon request.
Limitation of Warranties: Seller makes no warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding the materials; and all warranties, including any implied warranty of merchantability and any implied warranty of fitness for a particular purpose, are hereby excluded.