Peat Moss is the decomposed remains of Sphagnum Moss, a plant native to many regions of the world. Peat Moss is a natural, organic soil conditioner that aids in moisture retention and helps regulate air around plant roots for ideal growing conditions. Peat Moss can retain up to 20 times its weight in moisture while releasing water slowly as plants need it. Peat Moss helps loosen and aerate soil that is high in clay. For soils that are high in Alkaline, Peat Moss lowers the pH as it is naturally acidic. Peat Moss also helps reduce leaching or runoff of nutrients when added to
- Amending native sandy soils
- Component of container mixes and soil-less potting mixes
- Amending soil, excavate
holeand mix one part peat with one part soil.
- In soil-less potting mixes, some plants respond differently to the same ratio. Try small trial batches to determine what mix is best for your plants.
- Peat Moss is widely used for potting, re-potting, soil conditioning, seed germination, lawns, mulching, watering and fertilizing. For further Peat Moss ratio information on gardening, call your local nursery for assistance.
Sieve Analysis % Passing
- PH Range 4-6
- Organic % by Weight 85%-95%
- Approximate Weight 200lbs-300lbs per Cyᶟ
Specification data subject to change. Additional data available upon request.
Limitation of Warranties: Seller makes no warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding the materials; and all warranties, including any implied warranty of merchantability and any implied warranty of fitness for a particular purpose, are hereby excluded.