Ready Mixed PRODUCTS
Relationships. Solutions. Technical Innovation & Leadership. Vertical Integration.
Commercial and residential building projects are complicated. Our goal is to ensure Ocean Concrete's contribution to your project makes it a little easier. Whether we need to ramp-up deliveries to get you back on track or new challenges cause changes to the scope, our people-first approach means we have the flexibility to adapt easily to the changing requirements of your project.
We approach projects as challenges with solutions, not products to be sold. That's our added-value. We possess the knowledge and expertise to provide technical guidance on complex, commercial developments and residential focused projects.
As the complexity of infrastructure and residential projects increases, so does the need for innovation, technical expertise and value-added services from your building materials supplier. Ocean Concrete has a dedicated Quality Control department to ensure our products are within specifications and to provide support for handling and installation where it really matters – your job site.
We can't imagine trying to put together a puzzle without all the pieces. Our full circle, vertically-integrated, business model and philosophical approach has enabled us to be the leader in commercial and residential concrete projects in Metro Vancouver. Being experts in the aggregate, cement and ready mixed concrete business gives us the ability to best assist you with the most complex and challenging projects in British Columbia.
For links to Concrete in Practice technical bulletins, click here.
Click here to view our Safety Data Sheets (SDS), available in English, Spanish and French.
ConCreate®: Architectural mixes are designed for use in conjunction with architectural formwork to create an enhanced aesthetic appearance without sacrificing strength. To enhance the look of any project, ColorFlo ® Liquid Color may also be added to our architectural mixes.
- Exposed vertical columns and walls
- Improved surface aesthetics
- Enhances workability
- Maximized surface density
- Available in conventional or self-consolidating concrete
- Compatible with ConCreate®: Liquid Colour
ConCreate®: Exposed Aggregate
ConCreate®: Exposed Aggregate utilizes a colourful 10mm round Chilliwack River aggregate. At the end of the finishing process, the surface of concrete is washed to expose the smooth colourful stone on the surface of the concrete. ColorFlo ® Liquid Color may also be added to the concrete colouring
the paste around the exposed aggregate.
- Improves aesthetics versus traditional concrete mixes
- Compatible with ConCreate®: Liquid Colour
ConCreate®: Liquid Colour
Add some colour to your world with ConCreate®. Ocean Concrete uses a computer-controlled batching process for improved accuracy and consistency. ConCreate® uses ColorFlo ® Liquid Color liquid pigment, based on iron oxides, to provide ColorFlo ® Liquid Color. ConCreate® colour matches all other major concrete colour supply systems.
- Interior and exterior walls interior and exterior columns
- Interior and exterior driveways
- Interior and exterior sidewalks
- Interior and exterior floors
- 64 colours to choose from in ColorFlo ® Liquid Color
- Compatible with:
ConCreate®: Stamped mixes are used in the process of adding texture and colour to make concrete resemble stone, brick, slate, cobblestone, barn-board and many other products. The limitless array of possibilities with costs that are lower than the
actual products makes stamped concrete the preferred choice.
- Pool decks
- Patios and walkways
- Interior floors
- Gardens and landscape
- Unlimited creative design capabilities
- Improved aesthetics
- Compatible with ConCreate® Colour Series
- Creates an unlimited variety of shapes and surface textures including the traditional look of slate, tile, brick and cobblestone
Stamped concrete is created by compressing the top surface of concrete to inlay design or pattern. As a result of this compression, the top layer of concrete has lower air content and is subject to a higher risk of freeze-thaw damage.
Ocean Concrete guarantees that the supplied concrete will meet the specified properties in accordance with CSA. Ocean Concrete is not responsible for freeze-thaw damage as a result of the installation process including the top layer of stamped concrete.
Crackguard®: Low Shrinkage
CrackGuard® is a low shrinkage concrete that reduces cracking and curling in concrete slabs when used in conjunction with proper curing and jointing procedures.
Reinforcing fibres may also be added to the mix to further reduce shrinkage cracks and improve impact resistance.
CrackGuard® is a CSA compliant low shrinkage concrete maintaining a maximum drying shrinkage of 0.04% @ 28 days.
- Architectural slabs and floors
- Architectural topping slabs
- Industrial floors
- Parking garage decks
- Bridge decks
- Ice arenas
- Swimming pools
- Containment structures
- Water treatment structures
- Residential slabs
- Reduces or eliminates cracking
- Improves appearance
- Increases joint spacing
- Lower life cycle costs
DrainStone is a pervious concrete designed to allow water to flow through to base materials. This is an aesthetically pleasing, highly functional and environmentally friendly option for a variety of pathways and parking areas.
An open cell concrete with a range of 15 to 25% voids, allows for a flow rate of 120 – 320 L/m2 per minute. When rainwater naturally filters into the soil, storm water collection systems can be reduced or eliminated. DrainStone uses a 6.0mm aggregate to provide a smoother surface profile while maintaining good aggregate interlock for improved durability.
- Pedestrian walkways
- Parking areas
- Reduces quantity and contamination of stormwater runoffReduces, and sometimes eliminates, the cost of stormwater management systems
- Reduces surface temperature and heat island effectDecreases lighting requirements
- Pervious concrete: albedo surface reflectivity index (0.35+)
- Asphalt: albedo surface reflectivity index (0.04 – 0.12)
- Qualifies for LEED credits (SS 6.1)
Ocean's FlowCrete provides optimized slump control and superior mix performance. Ocean Concrete utilizes superplasticizers to achieve the desired slump without compromising concrete strength or set time when used with any of our concrete designs.
Concrete is often specified at a slump of 80 mm +/- 20 mm or less, these slumps are typically too low to ensure proper placement. Ocean Concrete has taken the guesswork out the process and offers a range of slump options as a part of our FlowCrete program. Available in slumps of 110, 130, 150, 170 mm maximum.
- Pumped concrete
- Walls and columns with congested rebar
- Maintains strength at higher slumps
- Enhances workability and placeability
- Increases pumpability
Hard-Wear® has strength and durability built right into the mix, making it ideal for high wear applications. Available in air-entrained and non-air-entrained mixes, Hard-Wear® features uniform hardness throughout the full depth of the slab, not
just the surface.
- Wear, abrasion and impact resistance
- Commercial, industrial and heavy industrial floors
- Parkades, bridges and interchanges
- Interior and exterior ramps
- Dams, dykes and spillways
- Available for all applications and suitable for a variety of mix designs
- Compatible with all finishing applications
- Reduced labor costs
- Eliminates performance inconsistencies typically experienced with other types of hardeners
- Eliminates hardener delamination
High-Flow® is a highly flowable, non-segregating concrete that easily spreads into place, fills formwork, and encapsulates even the most congested reinforcement. It is placed purely by means of its own weight with little or no mechanical vibration.
High-Flow® provides these benefits while maintaining all of concrete's customary mechanical and durability characteristics. Significant research has led to the development of a robust flowable concrete that meets challenging performance requirements.
- Architectural applications
- Topping slabs
- Congested reinforcement
- Architectural quality concrete for walls and slab
- Flows readily through congested reinforcement
- Available in high early age strengths
- Enables flatter slabs
- Improves productivity
- Reduces labor costs
The Micro-Lite® series of mix designs have a reduced density with superior pumping and placing properties. By using a specific gradation of material and a varying dosage rate of polymeric micro-spheres, we can supply concrete and fill material with a variety of densities and strengths.
Unlike semi-lightweight concrete made with expanded shale, Micro-Lite® is highly placeable and can be pumped by both boom and line pumps.
- Semi-lightweight toppings
- Lightweight fill material
- Multi-storey buildings
- Roof top construction
- Raised decks
- Improved pumping and placing properties
- Consistent results
- Fire resistant properties
- Increased design flexibility
- Available with a compressive strength up to 30 MPa
- Concrete density range of 1830 – 2200 kg/m3
- Fill material density as low as 900 kg/m3
Ocean Concrete manufactures the complete line of OCTA-BLOC® interlocking concrete blocks. Available in a variety of shapes and sizes, OCTA-BLOC® products create strong, visually attractive retaining walls, barriers, landscapes and containment structures. OCTA-BLOC® features a unique locking system compatible with most other concrete block systems on the market today, making it easy to add on to existing structures.
The OCTA-BLOC® system is available for pick-up or delivery from any one of Ocean Concrete’s five locations throughout Lower Mainland BC.
- Retaining walls
- Containment structures
- Locking system compatibility
- Available in a variety of shapes and sizes
- Cost effective
PolarCon® is the answer to set time challenge – it uses accelerating admixtures in conjunction with optimized concrete mix designs to accelerate concrete set times.
PolarCon® is designed to provide three levels of set time reduction. This time-based system provides an opportunity to select the hours of set time reduction required
|PRODUCT||SET TIME REDUCTION|
|PolarCon® Bronze||1 hour*|
|PolarCon® Silver||1 ½ - 2 hours*|
|PolarCon® Gold||2 ½ - 3 hours*|
* Requires a minimum strength of 30 MPa and time reduction is based on initial set
- Columns and walls
- Non-reinforced concrete (does not contain reinforcing steel)
- Optimized set time reductions
- Reduces finishing time
Ocean Concrete produces a series of specialty mix designs created for pneumatic (shot) application. Ocean Concrete’s ShotCrete® has been designed to reduce rebound and sloughing and is preferred for its consistent properties.
ShotCrete® is frequently selected due to the quality, speed and convenience of its application. It is suitable where other construction methods are difficult or impossible such as elevated, confined construction and vertical excavation applications. ShotCrete® is equally suitable for new construction and for use in the rehabilitation or seismic reinforcing of existing structures.
Ocean Concrete also produces ShotCrete® designs suitable for architectural, below water-table and fibre reinforced applications.
- Slope stabilization
- Lining for tunnel walls
- Structural walls
- Structural columns
- Structural beams
- Curved walls and arches
- Reduces construction time
- Reduces forming and placing costs
- Solution for limited access applications
- Allows single-sided forming
SolarGuard: Slump Extension
SolarGuard maintains the slump of the concrete for two hours from batching through the use of specialized admixtures and counteracts the typical rapid slump loss experienced during hot or warm weather, providing extra assurance against cold joints and poor surface finish.
- Large house foundations
- Slabs poured in hot or warm weather
- Applications with an extended placing time
- Concrete where workability is critical throughout the pour
- Extended working time
- Reduced or eliminated slump loss
SuperLine: Line Pumpable
Ocean Concrete’s SuperLine is a series of mix designs tailored for line pumping and thin topping applications. Using increased cementitious materials and a blend of 14mm and 6.0mm coarse aggregates, the SuperLine series is highly workable concrete. This series of mixes comes at a minimum specified slump of 130mm that can be increased, if required, for specialty applications.
- Line pumping
- Thin toppings (minimum 1.5" thickness)
- Interior or exterior applications
- Congested reinforcement
- Increased pumpability
- Improved finishing times
Tempo High-Early Age Strength
Tempo High-Early Age Strength is designed to achieve early-age strength to allow reduced stripping and re-shoring times. This series of mixes is available to achieve target strength at 24 to 72 hours.
|HOURS TO STRIPPING STRENGTH*||ULTIMATE SPECIFIED STRENGTH||EXPOSURE CLASS|
|20 MPa @ 72 hours||35 MPa @ 28 days||N|
|20 MPa @ 48 hours||40 MPa @ 28 days||N|
|20 MPa @ 36 hours||45 MPa @ 28 days||N|
|20 MPa @ 24 hours||50 MPa @ 56 days||N|
|20 MPa @ 24 hours||55 MPa @ 56 days||N|
|20 MPa @ 48 hours||35 MPa @ 28 days||C-1|
|20 MPa @ 24 hours||40 MPa @ 28 days||C-1|
* CSA A23.1-09 states a minimum curing temperature of 10 degrees Celsius.
- Columns and walls
- Reduces stripping time
- Earlier serviceability
- Reduces drying time (flooring application)
WaterGuard reduces the potential migration of moisture through the naturally occurring capillaries of concrete. By utilizing pore blocker admixture technology (Kryton / Xypex) in conjunction with an optimized concrete design and proper construction methodology,
WaterGuard provides the option to waterproof structures while pouring concrete walls, slabs and many other applications.
- Perimeter walls
- Water features
- Elevator pits
- Lower cost than most membrane systems
- Available as conventional concrete, Self-Consolidating Concrete and ShotCrete
- Reduces construction timeframe